Friday, October 2, 2015

Thanksgiving - Part 1

Thanksgiving is next month and I am starting to get ready!
I made this cute little napkin holder to decorate my table.
The adorable 3D image featured on it is the


Directons on making a 3D image from with a stamp....
Stamp your image 3 separate times .... color one image to be used as the back ... only coloring the part that will show ... then color another image to be the middle layer .... again only coloring the part that you want to show ....and then color the last image coloring only the part you want to be the top layer.

Below are pictures demonstrating what I am talking about.


Next you will cut out the image that will be the base (back layer) ...  for the second image cut away what was the back layer leaving what will be used as the middle layer ... and final image just cut out what will be your final layer.

Below are pictures demonstrating what I am talking about.


Next you will attach the layers using foam tape or pop dots.  Start by attaching the middle layer to the back layer .... then attach the front layer.

On the right is a picture of all 3 layers attached with dimensional foam squares.  The other pictures show it from different angles after being attached to the bag that I am using to make the napkin holder.


Now about the bag part of the napkin holder....
I cut it out with my Cricut Explore and Sherri Baldy's "Bestie Bag" svg file using a beige color cardstock.   After cutting it out I used a TCW 6x6 Mini Wood Grain  template and "Gathered Twigs" Distress Ink to add the wood grain look to the bag.  I made TWO of the 3D turkey images and attached them to opposite sides of the bag.  I made some leaves using a technique I learned from Sandy on Scrapbook Blessings Club's Everything Fall Blog Hop .... HERE IS THE LINK to her tutorial .... I did mine a little different ... hee hee hee ... and put the leaves around the handles and added a little bow in the center.

You can make this into a gift bag, but my creative mind saw it as a Thanksgiving napkin holder to decorate my table.

For more Thanksgiving images visit....
and

And for more inspiration visit....

Thank you for stopping by and...
HAPPY CRAFTING!!!



3 comments:

  1. That little guy is so stinkin' cute, I just LOVE him! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen.....I agree he is cute and I wanted him front and center :) Hugs...Janie

      Delete
  2. Cutest turkey ever!!!! Love your sweet napkin holder!

    ReplyDelete