Thursday, May 21, 2015

Guest Designer Creation

Hi everyone!!!  I'm so excited to share this card with you.  
I created this for my Guest Designer spot at



I may have to do a video tutorial on this card and put it on YouTube....
if I do I will post it on here.  But for now I will tell you how it came to be..
As you can see this is an easel card.  It didn't start out that way though.  There is an awesome pocket card I make by doing some simple folds....but I decided I wanted to make a square one intead of an 5 1/2"x4 1/4"....so I experimented and it worked.  But while playing around with it I decided I liked it better with the pockets facing up.  Then I realized it would not stand up by itself.....and that is how it became an easel card :)

The beautiful pink flowered cardstock I used is off from Sherri Baldy's Little Sweeties CD-ROM (a MUST HAVE CD).  The adorable 3D image is one of Sherri Baldy's Besties called Blue Girl....she happens to be my favorite.  You can find Sherri Baldy's store HERE  The square doily looking edges were done with a Martha Stewart punch.  A round paper doily was folded and placed in the bottom pocket, and a tag in the top pocket.  I added some glittery self-adhesive trim to the edge of each pocket.  The stamped sentiments are from HOTP (at Paper Wishes) called Heartfelt Greetings.

Thanks for visiting....I hope you like the card :)

I decided to enter this gorgeous card in a few challenges :)


Challenge #144 "More than ONE Fold"



20 comments:

  1. This is just so sweet and girly! AND there's talk of chocolates!! Congratulations on the guest design spot!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much....from one chocoholic to another :) Hugs...Janie

      Delete
  2. What a little cutie on this fabulous card! Great design too. Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kerin!!! It was fun to create my own design for the card, and I also love that adorable little girl on it :) Hugs...Janie

      Delete
  3. A fabulous card, such a pretty image.
    Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...looking foward to more challenges at Ooh La La Creations :) Hugs...Janie

      Delete
  4. Tons of frills here! Love the sentiments:)
    Thanks for joining us at TCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is a really cool folded card! Love the layers and the pretty image! Thanks for joining us at Wags n Whiskers!
    Jennifer, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment!!! I'm so glad you like it :) Hugs...Janie

      Delete
  6. Beautiful. Thank you for entering our My Besties Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! Thank you for sharing with us at My Besties Design Team Challenge. Good luck.
    Vicki DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Card thank you for joining us at My Besties DT challenge
    Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card and the image is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janie this is a wonderful creation with great attention to detail and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {My Besties Design Team Challenge DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Desire....I really appreciate your comment. And thank you so much for joining my blog :) Hugs...Janie

      Delete